Waterford Green is northwest Winnipeg’s newest community. Through extensive local neighbourhood input, the design of Waterford Green puts forward a new standard of community planning that emphasises quality living, connectivity, park and street aesthetics. It endeavours to be a diverse community, featuring a wide variety of housing types that will be seamlessly connected to parks and green spaces, shopping, public transit, schools, and adjoining neighbourhoods.
Waterford Green’s features include:
- 1,100 new housing units (single family, semi-detached, townhouse and condos)
- Future Nursery to Gr 8. School
- 3 acre Village Centre (retail services) with public art space
- Naturalized two-lake retention system
- Scenic and contemplative park spaces overlooking the lakes
- Active play spaces, including multi-purpose sports field and children play grounds
- Community pathways and sidewalks connecting residents with the community’s park spaces, school grounds and the Village Centre
WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT WATERFORD GREEN?
Waterford Green has been designed as a complete community. Its neighbourhood provide inter-connected places for people to live play and shop within a new community serving Winnipeg’s existing and emerging employment areas. Waterford Green provides housing diversity and quality green spaces. Waterford Green’s housing options and housing market price points, provide choice and diversity reflective of people’s lifecycle housing needs. In addition to traditional front driveway lots Waterford Green’s neighbourhood design includes lots served by rear lanes with a difference. Waterford Green’s rear lane lots include added depth; garages are set back from the lane to provide off-lane driveway parking and create private rear dwelling court yards for home owners.